Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Real Skinny: "She's cute"

The real skinny (according to Boy): So often, when I think about Evie, I am reminded of the movie, My Cousin Vinny. The movie was made in 1992, and starred Joe Pesci and the second cutest girl in the world, Marisa Tomei. I would be hard pressed to describe my favorite scene—they are all great. But the one I recall best is the one where Vinny presses a witness (Vinny was a trial lawyer) to state how cute his girlfriend was. That’s how I have always viewed Evie. She’s cute.

Not only is she cute, but she is a darn good writer. Don’t you just love her little rat story? I wish I had thought of that. She doesn’t, however, mention the fact that one time I was able to retrieve her contacts from the drain. There would have been no point trying the second time, because I knew exactly where they were. I will concede the fact that they might eventually have ended up in that rat pawn shop (more than likely, however, via the East River).

No comments:

Post a Comment